I was happy to save some time and use Alce Nero Organic Vegan Tofu Pesto this weekend instead of making my own Pesto from scratch. They have indeed combined the best raw ingredients with Italian extra virgin oil, tofu, basil and pine nuts to give the sauce an intensely rich flavour which went really well with the pasta.
Pesto – originally derived from dish pesto alla genovese, is a sauce originating in Genoa, Italy. It is most traditionally made from garlic, pine nuts, basil and salt. Although Pesto is somewhat considered to be high in fat content, its monounsaturated fats are actually beneficial for a well balance diet. Yes, the ingredients in Pesto sauce can help to protect your heart! Everything in good balance and moderation – I’d say!
Try it out!
Pesto Tofu Rigatoni @athomewithsimone
- For Garnish, I’ve used Avocados and Gouda Cheese but if available to me that day I would have added some pine nuts for an added crunch!
- If you would like an even more filling meal – prawns or shredded chicken could be added!
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- 250g / 1 Packet of Alce Nero Rigatoni
- 5 Strips of Streaky Bacon
- 1 1/2 Garlic Clove
- 1 Medium Sized White Onion
- 130g Alce Nero Organic Tofu Pesto Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Gouda Cheese
- Boil pasta, drain then set aside
- Finely dice the garlic and onions
- Air fry or Pan fry bacon strips, cutting them into small pieces after.
- In a large pan, lightly coat base with olive oil
- Once the pan is hot, toss in garlic and onions and fry till golden brown
- Add in bacon pieces
- Followed by 3/4 Pesto Bottle and stir well
- Lastly, mix in pasta and 1/4 left of Pesto
- Serve with chopped Avocado, Shredded Gouda Cheese and Dill