Silky Kway Teow Seafood Soup with Shredded Chicken
Perfect for the entire family – this broth is homey goodness served in a bowl, boiled with chicken bones and prawn heads to get an aromatic base.
I’ve stir fried the prawn and squids in garlic and shao xing wine before adding them into the bowls, perfect with cut chilies. . Up
– 8 Cups Water
– 300g Chicken Bones, cleaned
– 10 Prawns Head + Shells
– 11/2 tnspn Salt
– Dash of Light Soy Sauce
[For Noodle Bowl]
– Fresh Kway Teow ( from the market – I usually tell the market uncle the exact number of people eating, so he helps guage how much to sell me )
– 200g Bean Sprouts
– 10-12 Fresh Fishballs
– 10 Prawns ( cleaned, deveined & deshelled )
– 2 Fresh Squids, sliced thinly ( cleaned, remove skin & ears )
– Parsley for garnish
– Half Chicken ( To Boil & Shred )
– 2 tbspn Minced Garlic
– 2 Tbspn Shao Xing Wine
• Blanche Chicken Bones, and Half Chicken in hot water and boil for 1 hour in a large broth pot, skim out impurities.
• In a small pan, fry prawn heads and shells, to it add 1/2 cup of chicken broth, fry till fragrant then add everything into the chicken broth pot, add salt, light soy and boil for another hour.
• In a small pan, oil, add minced garlic and fry till golden, add prawns and squids then drizzle with shao xing wine. Once ready, keep aside. Pour gravy into broth pot
• Remove Half Chicken, shred finely, keep aside.
• Cook Kway Teow, Bean Sprouts and Fishballs in broth, remove and keep aside.
• Using a sock strainer, strain broth into a new pot.
• Plate up Kway Teow, with Fishballs, Sprouts, Chicken, Prawns and Squids then pour broth over.
• Perfect with fries anchovies, fried onions and cut chilli! Enjoy!